Veteran Benefits & Assistance
Originally founded in 1899 as the American Veterans of Foreign Service, the Veterans of Foreign Wars continues to be a voice for returning and currently deployed service members and their families. The Veterans of Foreign Wars is dedicated to supporting those who sacrifice so much for this country, veterans, service members in the US Armed Forces, and their families.
Throughout the State of Pennsylvania VFW Service Officers that are Accredited and Certified by the VA fight for the rights of our Nations veterans on a daily basis. These highly trained professionals, specializing in all programs administered by the VA stand ready and willing to provide whatever VA benefits assistance is required. These services are available at no cost to veterans or their dependents. Nor does one have to be a member of the VFW to receive our services.
From a simple request of a discharge document to a case with complicated issues that may require extensive medical and court case research, we will exhaust all means to obtain a favorable decision. In the event a claim is denied we will represent the case through the appellate process to the Board of Veterans Appeals (VBA) and if not successful to the U.S. Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims (CAVC) if warranted.
How VFW Service Officers Advocate for You:
What We Will Do:
- During your interview, WE WILL review your information and inform you of what benefits you should claim as well as any other benefits that may be available
- WE ARE trained VA benefits experts who have access to VA computer systems in order to provide you with the information you need for your claim to succeed
- WE WILL submit your claim to VA in a timely manner to ensure that you receive the maximum benefit to which you are entitled
- WE WILL conduct a thorough review of your decision before VA sends it to you. The VFW has a 90% success rate in correcting errors, helping you avoid the lengthy appeals process
- If you are unsatisfied with the outcome of your claim, WE WILL help you appeal VA's decision
Please feel free to contact a VFW Representative for help with filing a claim for VA benefits, VA health care and all eligible VA benefits at:
Pittsburgh Service Office
Elizabeth Salvador- Pennsylvania VFW Veterans Service Office Chairwoman
1000 Liberty Avenue Room 1601
Pittsburgh, PA 15222-4092
(412) 395-6259/6260 Fax: (412) 395-6261
Butler Service Office
325 New Castle Road, Room 312 WS
Butler, PA 16001
Phone (724) 287-4781 ext. 457
Northeast Service Office (Wilkes-Barre)
1123 East End Boulevard, Building 35, Suite 1
Wilkes-Barre, PA 18702-1521
(570) 821-2535/2536 Fax: (570) 821-2539
Northwest Service Office (Erie)
3112 East Buffalo Road, Suit A
Erie, PA 16510
(814) 835-8494 Fax: (814) 835-8493
(814) 943-8164 Fax: (814) 940-6603
Southcentral Regional Service Office (Harrisburg)
4002 Fenton Avenue
Harrisburg, PA 17109
(717) 234-7927 Fax: (717) 909-7817
Philadelphia Service Office
P.O. Box 42938, 5000 Wissahickon Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19101-2938
(215) 381-3123 Fax: (215) 381-3491
Northcentral PA Outreach Office
20 Bellefonte Avenue
Lock Haven, PA 17745
Adams, Berks, Franklin Lancaster, Lebanon, Perry and York Couties Outreach- For appointments contact the Southcentral Office in Harrisburg at (717) 234-7927.
Our well-trained, VA Accredited VFW Representatives are ready to assist you with you! Please feel free to contact us! We have VFW Representatives located throughout the State of Pennsylvania.
NO ONE DOES MORE FOR VETERANS!